Trade the World Online from wherever you are
Self directed Online trading access on all major global markets and exchanges. Lightning fills on market trades and automated settlement and custody of securities in local market currency.
When we decided to add an online stock trading system to our services, we initially reviewed all of the large well known electronic trading platforms and came to the realization they did not offer the security or international exchange access we demand for our private client base. We decided to invest the time and money to build our own, proprietary offshore global trading platform from the ground up. The result is ‘OPUS’ our internal, purpose-built online trade platform for international investing on all major global exchanges.
Features and Benefits
- Fully offshore and completely international, OPUS is a multi-exchange, multi-currency, real-time trading platform
- Direct Market Access to global equity markets
- Trade foreign stocks directly, in the local currency
- Access global investment opportunities
- Real-time P&L, margin and position balances on various asset classes, including equities, bonds, futures, options and warrants
- Multiple account access to all of your LOM accounts from one login
- Streaming Quotes from 50 plus major markets
- OPUS is straightforward and designed to be intuitively understood
- Account statement and trade confirmation generation for historical transaction searches
- Dividend and interest collection, corporate actions processing
- Competitive transaction and administration fees
- Margin lending on security positions for qualified accounts
- Minimum account size: $20,000
Trade all major exchanges
Including but not limited to:
- North America: United States, Canada and Bermuda
- The United Kingdom
- Europe: France, Germany, Amsterdam, Austria, Italy, Spain and Switzerland
- Scandinavia: Denmark, Sweden, Norway
- Asia: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Korea and Australia
- Africa: South Africa
Online OPUS access is available for all LOM accounts at no charge. Customers have two choices: ‘view only’ access, which allows them to view their investments, P&L and valuations in real-time, review historical transactions, download account statements and trade confirmations, and to send a secure message to their account representative. Choosing ‘online trading’ access enables the ability to enter equity trades on the global markets listed above for any LOM brokerage account.
OPUS ONE ACCOUNT
The OPUS One account is a special, self-directed, execution-only account for individuals that do not want a dedicated advisor; the account offers 24 hour electronic trading on all the world’s major exchanges, with lower transaction fees and a competitive monthly administration fee.
Terms and Conditions:
- OPUS ONE accounts are strictly self-directed (“execution-only”). LOM provides no advice and does not consider the suitability of any trades you may make.
- Accounts have no broker or advisor assigned to them. An administrative representative is available to assist with opening accounts and with certain transactions that cannot be entered online.
- Accounts may be invested in equities (see attached list for markets and exchanges), US equity options (long positions only), and mutual funds managed by the LOM Group.
- Accounts may not send or receive funds or securities to or from third parties.
- Accounts may not deal in physical securities, bonds, futures or CFDs, participate in private placements, invest in non-LOM mutual funds, engage in short sales, or hold private securities, and may not deposit or receive cash.
- All accounts have online access to statements; no printed statements will be mailed.
- All equity trades must be entered online. OPUS ONE customers can contact a customer representative to enter long options orders, to request foreign exchange transactions, to buy or sell LOM funds, or other administrative needs associated with their account.
- Customers must ensure they have purchased and settled sufficient foreign currency in their accounts before purchasing foreign securities; otherwise may be subject to penalty interest rates, buy-ins of failing trades, and/or trade cancellation.
- Fees, terms and conditions are subject to change, with notice published in the Opus online portal.
Eligible Equity Markets:
- United States: NYSE and Nasdaq; no OTC or Pink Sheets
- UK: not AIM
- Europe; not Frankfurt
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
(Note any local market stamp duties, withholding or other taxes, or other exchange fees will also be applied. LOM reserves the right to recharge external execution costs if they exceed commission.)